 Trains / 6836
Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:13:51 GMT

Maybe we will all see the first dust-busting train car from you?

Chris

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen writes:
Great peice of work!

I have myself been thinking of such a thing, mostly for storage and display.
Currectly my cars are stored away, but tought that this could be way for
storing them.
I tought of a 2 level layout with 4 points, so trains can drive from level 1
to level 2 an visa-versa.

This would be interesting.  I have already thought of ways to expand this by
putting a hole (tunnel) through the wall into the next room to connect to a
shelf in that room.  I doubt that will happen any time soon but its just a
thought.

Once I had some trains on a shelf for display, and faced the problem, that
it gets very fast dirty. My soultion was to use a cupboard with glass doors
on top (hard to reach anyway). Have you tought of putting some glass around
it?

I don't plan on any glass around the shelf.  Yes I expect it to get fairly
dirty and require occasional cleaning but because it is so high up much of the
dirt won't be visible so it will probably be an "out-of-site out-of-mind" type
deal.  I would expect I will have to dust or even run a vacuum cleaner around
the shelf every once in a while.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/