 Trains / 7984
Re: "fake metroliners"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:05:16 GMT

"Paul Rutenberg" <paul_germany@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:G333Iv.1FM@lugnet.com...

a set without box and original instructions is not a set, it's a bad
copy. And not worth more than the pieces in it.
/Joakim

Hi Joakim
I have to disagree with you on this, a box and instructions don't make set
original, unless this set has no special pieces that really make it this • set,
like printed parts, stick-ons, special parts, take for example Fireship • 316,
rthe only set from lego with a 5x6x1/3 Plate with hole in it in Black, the • only
Lego set that has it, so if i have that piece and the original stickers, • but no
instructions or box, its not real??? not worth anything but its wieght in
pieces?? wrong, what you say is only good for sets that have no special • parts
and anybody can build out of his Lego box. A metroliner would also be real • with
just all the painted doors and stickers, if it is complette, even without • boy
or stickers.

Hello Paul.
What I really ment was that, I do not consider it the "Real-thing".
I also think that the pieces in the set makes it valuable (rareness, etc)
not the set itself. As it is not, in my eyes "Complete". For a set to be
"Complete" I need the box and instructions and all pieces.

And to be considered "Original" it has to be MISB, or every part of what i
consider to be "Complete", be originally from the same box...

Keep in mind, this is my personal definition. And there may be a conflict
between words, this is not my best language..

BTW, isn't it a 4*6 plate with holes?
And I think you also need the blue, rare extreme slope to complete the set
;-)
/Joakim