 Trains / 7190
    Calling all MOCs —Steven Barile
   Hi All, I have been thinking about some kind of project based on gathering images, instructions and/or stories about MOC LEGO train designs (and maybe structures later). I’m not sure if it’s a coffee table book, a web site, a CD… maybe a Hall of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Calling all MOCs —James J. Trobaugh
     Steve, This kind of goes with the idea I had last year about some kind of MOC LEGO Train calendar, it not that I wanted a calendar its just that I thought it would be cool to have a collection of all the great works people have done. And it would be (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Calling all MOCs —Steven Barile
     James you are right on. And there have been several ideas like this in the last few years that fizzeled out. And other ideas, like I wanted to do a nation wide LTC and/or LUG convention, I just didn't have the energy to carry that foward. But there (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Calling all MOCs —Christopher Masi
     Steve, What about photo quality? Some bad pictures have been taken of some great models. Have you thought about how good photos would be collected? Or does anyone else have any suggestions about how the photos of the chosen models should taken, and (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Calling all MOCs —Steven Barile
     These are all great and very important questions. As a start I really wanted to just get a list of MOCs. It will be hard to judge the quality of a MOC with bad photos but with that in mind hopefully we can judge more fairly based on MOC and not (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

        WWLTA (was: Calling all MOCs) —Robin Werner
     Steve and Fans of LEGO Trains, How about we go one step further. How about a World Wide LEGO Train Association (WWLTA?) with a web site and maybe a news letter. It could be like a web ring for the LEGO Train Clubs and fan of LEGO trains (ex: NFL.com (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

         Re: WWLTA (was: Calling all MOCs) —Charles Eric McCarthy
     (...) Awesome idea Robin! /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

         Re: WWLTA (was: Calling all MOCs) —James Powell
     (...) Right now, I doubt there is a real need to have a "WWLTC". Although some aspects of what PNLTC and GMLTC have done are not widely publicised (for example, the exact sponsorship deals that both GMLTC and PNLTC have recieved) this info is (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

         Re: Sponsorships (was: WWLTA) —John Gerlach
     (...) Oh, I'll take this bait: LEGO paid about 80% of the costs to get the GMLTC and our layout out to Carlsbad. That's it. That's *every* "sponsorship" deal the GMLTC has ever received. We lose money on every show we do, even the occasional show (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

        Re: Calling all MOCs —Christopher Masi
    Another dumb question. Is there a way to announce the models that have been nominated? I started nominating models, and then realized that most of the models I was nominating are probably being nominated by someone else. If you create a list of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)