 Trains / 6822
Re: MTW Wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:50:15 GMT

I'd like to see the model that uses the Naboo Fighter glass for a double deck
car.

I've used 1/4 curved "Paradisia" windows for an observation car  match to my
7740.
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/db103.html

I've tried a few designs for double deck commuter.  Indeed, this one looks
Metroliner Club Car-ish, not to mention that it is Euro.
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/bilevel.html

I've since tried a new window technic on an attempt at a double decker from The
Netherlands.  I only have enough window elements to build one double decker in
this fashion.  No pictures, yet, even though the model is several months old
(March/April?).  The upper deck of windows are formed from two very different
window elements:  1) 4-wide trans light blue airplane front windscreens are
suspended above 2) 1x2x1 trans light blue thin-walls.  One stud width of opaque
brick separate each 4-stud wide upper deck window.  A one-stud wide body color
matched 45 degree slope also sits between each window in an attempt to follow
the slope of the airplane window, which, unfortunately, is a little steeper.
Well, now that I've written this, a picture seems in order.  I'll try for this
week in case anyone is interested.

I have seen Ben Fleskes (I think) use black 45 degree slopes to acheive a
wonderful double decker window effect.  From a distance, I think this technique
looks great!  I like it.

Robin Werner gives a great treatment to Superliner double deck cars.

later,
James Mathis

In lugnet.trains, Frank Buiting writes:

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson writes:
How about one of those cool looking double decker passenger cars?

Do you mean a commuter bilevel, an Amtrak superliner, or one of the
custom "cruise train" cars used in Alaska and elsewhere. The latter two • are
possible, my worry is that they will come out looking a lot like Club Car.

I remember seeing a car that uses the glass from the Naboo Fighter, that one
looked a lot different than the club car. I can't remember who build it or
what the website URL was :-(

-Frank