 Trains / 6758
Re: MTW (Milton Train Works) Wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 16:29:33 GMT

I suspect Ahui was thinking that I was asking about a TLC wishlist, but I was
talking about my own firm, Milton Train Works. (www.miltontrainworks.com)
Nevertheless in order to spur discussion, I've answered as if he was talking
about MTW.

In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera writes:
I too would like to see a large freight train set.  The engine, 5-6 cars +
caboose would be ideal.  $250 is the max I would pay for it

250 USD for an engine, 5 cars and a caboose is going to be a tough price point
for me to hit, unless the cars are somewhat juniorized which totally misses
the point.

, but it would need
to have more than just curved track.  Some straight rail and even a switching
point would be nice.

I wasn't planning on including any track at all! Maybe in a set run that was
targeted for eBay I would, but the question is, why pay a markup for stuff you
can get from S@H where I have not added any value at all? (track is track...)

I would also like the following
- radio controlled motorized switching points

These are beyond my electronics skills at this point, sorry...

- elevation package  (just pieces (specially made or non-specially made)
that would elevate our track

Good idea and a must have for the next one, but is building supports that
hard? I'm not sure if I ship a package of grey bricks and some instructions
for how to build abutments that I've added much value.

- along the lines of the above request a bridge to go with it

Definintely working on this one, static or motorized lift bridge or both?

- bigger frieght loading station something like 4555 but with muliple cranes

Yep. Although I'm thinking more modern (mobile cranes and container stuff)

- A train/sea docking station

It's on my wishlist but doing it right is going to be 2-3000 pieces and the
price point would be in the 500-750 USD range

- indiviudal train cars/engines/cabosse sets

Cars you have now. The rest are coming.