 Trains / 6679
  Lego train basics

I have just completeed my version of an ALCO-like diesel switcher and have some questions... 1.Does it matter which end I put the power truck on?(mine is rear wheel drive) 2.My large(three unit) gas turbine locomotive has four(4)motors.Does anyone (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train basics

(...) Nope. I use motors for both trucks to get a consistent look, but it is entirely a matter of taste IMO. (...) Nope. (...) Nope. Sounds good. If it's a solvent, be careful around the ABS. (...) Harvey, Harvey-- no one is here to judge you:-) If (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train basics

Harvey, We all look forward to seeing your creations! (...) I do not think so. (...) I do not run my trains for long periods of time, but I have done four motors on 1 power supply. I didn't notice any problems (...) Nope, never thought of that. If I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train basics

Some minor disagreements with J2: (...) drive) (...) entirely a (...) Yes, it does matter. If you only have one motor, put it under the heavier end of the locomotive. Weight helps adhesion. It may be that the ends are close, but if you have a low (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train basics

(...) Whoa, Nellie! Never advocated *that*;-) This hedonistic approach will result in misery beyond measure IMHO. FUT .debate John (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train basics

(...) Interesting that it takes that long to reset. When I was a kid, I had a train powerpack which used some kind of overload cutoff which reset fairly quickly. I think it was basically a bi-metal strip (which bends when the temperature gets too (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train basics

(...) I'm talking about trains, silly boy, not what you were thinking of. After all, although 8 wide is "morally wrong"(1), it feels good to you and you do it. What's neat about trains is that there are prototypes for a lot of really weird things, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)