 Trains / 6680
Re: Lego train basics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 02:31:47 GMT

Harvey Henkelman wrote:

I have just completeed my version of an ALCO-like diesel switcher and have
some questions...

1.Does it matter which end I put the power truck on?(mine is rear wheel drive)

Nope.  I use motors for both trucks to get a consistent look, but it is entirely a
matter of taste IMO.

2.My large(three unit) gas turbine locomotive has four(4)motors.Does anyone
think this will overwork the single power pack?

Nope.

3.I use Rail Zip to clean the track,It's an excellent cleaner,but make sure
to wipe all the residue away before operating trains,anybody else thought of
this?

Nope.  Sounds good.  If it's a solvent, be careful around the ABS.

4.I also switched to dummy headlights,they look better to me but want to know
if others find this acceptable also.

Harvey, Harvey-- no one is here to judge you:-)  If you think it looks better,
then it is.  If I think it looks better another way, I'll build mine thusly.  What
I'm trying to say is that there is no right or wrong way to build anything.  I
build my trains 8 studs wide and take a lot of good-natured ribbing for it, but it
is all in fun.  So don't worry so much about what others think-- at least not
before you show us pics (hint, hint) of your MOCs;-)

-John

-Harvey