 Trains / 6620
Re: 138
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:54:10 GMT

Torsten Fresemann wrote:

but would anyone pay that much for an old whizzle controlled 4.5 V train
from the very early 70s. number is 118/138. (yes, i do have one)

Someone once paid DM 950 for a sealed 138 (not to me though, I'd have kept it).

T.F.

yeah, i've heard of that sale. tis one is definitly sealed and the box
is as good as it can be after thirty years in the backroom of a toyshop.
the intersting thing is that i got a nearly complete 118 as well and it
looks like they are the same for just one thing: the 138 electronic
block has in ic while the one from 118 don't seem to have any
"sophisticated" parts. does anyone know why?

have fun

rufus t.

btw: i don't want to sell my set. i was just curious to learn about
their value :-)