 Trains / 6621
6620  |  6622
Subject:
Please identify train parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 20:07:45 GMT

Howdy

I've never been into the train sets (sorry!), but a recent bulk purchase of a
random box o' parts yielded lots of train parts.  I am trying to decide if I
should eBay the bunch or keep them just in case they'll come handy in a robot
or space model...I'd appreciate it greatly if anybody could identify the parts
(so I can represent them fairly on my eBay ad) or even take a stab at an
estimated value for the lot.

A pic is available at:
http://www.engineering.ucsb.edu/~jasonbar/gfx/ebay/legotrain.jpg
(the red numbers indicate quanitites, & the 1 straight train track piece has a
textured top surface like the curved pieces next to it).

I found it odd that some train track rails had these shallow "ribbed" textures
on them, while some were smooth.  I suppose there's a whole story behind that
too?  Something about traction or grip or different wheels?

Please send any replies/follow-ups to me at dante@infernolab.com, as I don't
normally read this group.

Thanks
-Jason