 Trains / 6633
Re: Please identify train parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:39:40 GMT

I'm sure I'll get outgunned by my reply but:
top middle is a 9 volt track connection wire. It's available from S@H for
5.99 (#5305)
top left are two buffers, couplers, one with and one without the magnet; the
complete pair is S@H 2.99 (#5303)
left middle is a buffer popular on the battery tender of the 4.5 trains like
7715, 7720, etc.
left bottom are 4.5 volt track ties
right top is a 4.5 volt style wheel set, part of several trains like 7722.
bottom are (left to right) straight, outer curve and inner curve 4.5 volt
track. The curved track was available at the Virginia Lego outlet the last
time I looked, and would consist of 8 inner, 8 outer and I think 17 ties?
(set 7851) which could sell on eBay for $10 a box.

Good luck on your auction.

"Jason Bardis" <dante@infernolab.com> wrote in message
Howdy

I've never been into the train sets (sorry!), but a recent bulk purchase • of a
random box o' parts yielded lots of train parts.  I am trying to decide if • I
should eBay the bunch or keep them just in case they'll come handy in a • robot
or space model...I'd appreciate it greatly if anybody could identify the • parts
(so I can represent them fairly on my eBay ad) or even take a stab at an
estimated value for the lot.

A pic is available at:
http://www.engineering.ucsb.edu/~jasonbar/gfx/ebay/legotrain.jpg
(the red numbers indicate quanitites, & the 1 straight train track piece • has a
textured top surface like the curved pieces next to it).

I found it odd that some train track rails had these shallow "ribbed" • textures
on them, while some were smooth.  I suppose there's a whole story behind • that
too?  Something about traction or grip or different wheels?

Please send any replies/follow-ups to me at dante@infernolab.com, as I • don't
normally read this group.

Thanks
-Jason