 Trains / 6405
Re: Some pics on BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:17:15 GMT

Thanks for all th positive comments!
Ansewrs to some questions...
1) Storage system: Yes I did have a hay-day at Costco for the storage system.
After using the plastic shoe-boxes on normal shelves I found these cabinets
much better and acceable. The great thing about them is that you can take them
apart and stack the draw sizes anyway you like (as if designed by LEGO). If
you look close you can see that I have bigger shelves for the tradtional
2x4... type bricks.

2) The train parts sheet was created for a hand out at the train shows. We
forever get the question, "I never knew LEGO made trains." Imediately
following that is, "Is the track LEGO?" So I found myself pulling off
wheelsets and couplers... to show just what was special LEGO elements for the
train. It turns out, as you all know, not much.

3) The train shelves are made from 1x4 and 1x2 pine. I ran them thru the table
saw to knock that corners off, it givesit a more finished look too. And I did
cut groves in the wood for mock tracks. Otherwise the trains don't sit so
well. I considered putting track on the shelves, but there 80'

4) More info on the Light Rail at
http://www.sstanamera.com/~sebarile/LEGO/TriMetMAX/TriMetMAX.htm

Thanks again!

SteveB
www.PNLTC.org
www.sstanamera.com/~sebarile/LEGO/LEGO_Main.htm

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
You asked for it you got it... but it's take a small bit of effort to get
there (or not, read bottom).

http://www.gatherround.com/j/Template?File=/guest/find_album.html
email = steve.e.barile
password = lego

then click on the "lego" album.

After all that, there is a 360deg view of my lego room and the individual
shots.

I added a ton more stuff on BrickSelf today.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=SEBarile

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Robin Werner writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Hi All,
  I added some pics on BrickSelf today. Some new, some older.
SteveB
PNLTC

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=SEBarile

Steve,

Great stuff! I like the Officer Club Building and the ZNAP Station. How about
some pictures of that cool shelf loaded with LEGO trains? :) (as seen in
canp4.jpg back ground)

Build on...
Robin Werner
GFLTC