 Trains / 620
Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:26:18 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

One note:

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:
See http://www.vfaq.com/LEGO/Dacta/ for PRELIMINARY info.

and there it says in the recycle truck blurb:

"The hook for the pod seems to be unique to this set."

That turns not to not QUITE be true. That hook part also comes in 4564.
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4564) But buying an out of
production 9V set to get that part is rather a steep butchers bill. In
fact, as the part is made from a different plastic than most, I took the
decision to stash that part as insurance against disaster when I parted
out 3 of my comm vehicles sets. Well, Tom Stangl weaseled one out of me,
I think. And some of the 1x2x8 med slopes from the gas tanker.

Now that Tom apparently bought out Kaplan, anyone with a 4564 they love
should buy a recycle truck from him to protect their investment in that
part. It's rare. Stangl should raise the price of it a bit and give me
back the one he weaseled... :-)

Hmmmm, I didn't buy THAT many of the set.  And I bought them over the
weekend.  I'll be calling tomorrow morning to verify that I am actually
getting what I ordered, and WHEN it will be in.  I sure HOPE they have mine
reserved, and will be able to send them.  Considering when I ordered them
the web site said they had 98 in stock, and after ordering them, the number
DID change, I will be upset if they say they are backordered.

But, uh, yeah, if I got the last of them, the price on some of those
subsets may have to go up (and if I part any out, Larry gets the hook
before I sell anything).

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/