 Trains / 569
  New stuff at the Train Depot

I've added the following... 1. Pictures of my RCX built into a boxcar that I mentioned last week. 2. Pictures of a girder bridge made from Znap. 3. Thoughts about a new style of points. (URL) to Site Updates Matt (25 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

As before, Matt has made another great addition to his Lego train_depot. His model with the RCX in the boxcar may be just inspiration I need to buy Mindstorms. I like the idea of an autonomous train running around the tracks. If you do this, do you (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

(...) While simpler to do by running on 4.5V track, I'd connect, on every motor you want to do this with, the wheel pickups to one of the motor connector and the motor to the other. Then, by running the track at constant 9V, you can plug the RCX's (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

(...) 4.5v Haven't tried anything as drastic as rewiring a train motor, in fact what I have it connected to at the moment is a rack and pinion (cog) locomotive which is driven by a new style Technic motor. (...) hours a day. I would guess about 2 (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

Hi Matt: Great idea with the RCX built into a boxcar. I recently built a coaltender to hide the controller from the barcode reader (same size). I have it programmed to do the chug/chug sound slowly while at speed 0, then to increase the speed of the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

(...) Has anybody heared of Matt Bates during the last month? Is he still aktive in his Lego hobby? A friend of mine has created pictures of some missing trains in exactely that style Matt used. He offered them, but got no response. Matt's site (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

(...) I sent a few emails a few months ago regarding some of his picture. I never received a response on any. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains)