 Trains / 3493
  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

I was working on a hump yard decoupler and was playing around with adding mags to the track using the 2x2 tile that has clips to hold the mag. What's really cool is how you can make a train car hop over the mag on the track. All this play was big (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) picturing this right, since if you inserted those slope-out I'd think you'd derail one or both cars before they separated. --Ben (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

I recall somebody posting pictures of a design that sounds like the below here (or maybe on RTL?--but I'm pretty sure it was here) not tooooo long ago. I think the stubby tapered beam can be had for example in the red Technic chopper that's been on (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

OK, got it. Instructions even included. (...) chopper (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) There are at least 4 in the 8277 set. (The large robot one in yellow.) I picked it up for a steal at Zellers. Dean (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) In that case, if people need them, LMK, as I have TON's of that set...Yellow Beams! James P (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

I built a version of the decoupler mentioned earlier in this thread. It works remarkably well! I don't have the exact brick mentioned on the web page, but I do have an R2D2 foot, which is very similar: a short technic beam with a 4-plate high 30 deg (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) I (...) cars. (...) other (...) Ben, I think you're correct in using the RCX in that way. I use one in a similar manner with my remote powered switch, and it elimates any stalls. I actually perform the opposite functionality - the motor is (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)