 Trains / 3492
  Looking for 3225 Classic Train

Does anyone know where I could get a 3225 for a decent price? Anyone have them on clearance locally? I would VERY much appreciate if anyone could help me out. If you wanted to trade for it, let me know too. Thanks. Tim Strutt 8^) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

AFAIK they are only and have always only been available through S@H (in the US) -John (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

John Neal wrote in message <3874ED15.29C70BDB@u...st.net>... (...) As of Tuesday morning S@H was sold out of 3225. I spoke with them and asked about this set speciffically. I have a bunch of Diners Club points[1] burning a whole in my pocket that I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

(...) I found two off them in a German store, just across the border, for $US 125. If anybody is interrested just let me know. (24 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

(...) Hello, I've just signed up to LUGNET so I'm still wading through a lot of this stuff. I bought a 3225 yesterday from Busy Bee Toys, Manchester, UK (Details on Matt Bates Train Depot). Not sure if they have any more in stock, shelf price was (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

(...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

If you happen to find another at that price, I'd be forever grateful if you bought it and held it for me. I'd send you the cash for it + shipping & handling if you do. Tim Strutt 8^) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

(...) Anyone can order from Busy Bee - they ship internationally. Simon Denscombe maintains a list of their stock at: (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

how bad is their shipping cost??? with the 17.5% VAT removed, it would only cost about 55.50 USD to order the set from them, and I'm wondering if it would be more than 11.00 shipping to get the set. Anyone that's ordered from them??? Tamy (...) Keep (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

(...) Depends on how many you order. Paul no doubt will be getting a bunch of calls tomorrow on this! One off, the shipping will eat you. Order 20 and you may have a fair chance of being under 11 bucks each... ++Lar As a reminder the Busy Bee number (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

Wow. I didn't know about this source. I'll have to give them a call. Thanks for the tip. Tim Strutt 8^) (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

Further to this, I've just spoken to Paul at Busy Bee, and he's likely to be getting a substantial number of 3225s in the near future. If anyone is after a few, it may be worth your while to give BB a call. On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Larry Pieniazek (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

Per Paul who I just spoke to at home, (no you can't have the number, don't ask) TLC found a few more. The price to USA is almost exactly what it was to get it from S@H so basically it's not like we're saving any money, just that we were laggards who (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

Thanks for the update! I have 5-6 on order, but they only had one in stock, so I was hoping that order they were trying to get would go through. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

Remember when 3225 and 2126 came out, they were being slammed left and right as awful sets? Now they go for $100+ on Ebay! I'm just getting mine for Parts, though I might Ebay 1 or 2 to help defray the costs of the 2-4 I keep (depending on how many (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

I live in the UK, I'd estimate shipping for this set to the US to be in the region of $20-$25. I've spoken to paul before, and I do not think he adds any extra for packaging items - but you'd have to check this. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)