 Trains / 3447
Re: Do you want $50 for a $20 set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 04:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mark Herzberg writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mark Lindsey writes:

Hello LUGNET,
  I have had absolutely no luck getting a 6557.  I have been looking for • over
nine months now and I am desperate.  I am now offering $50 to anyone who can
sell me one.  My son's B-day is coming up and he has a Divers collection
complete except for this piece.  I had hoped to get him one for Christmas but
failed to even locate one.  Please help me out and make my son, myself, and
your wallet happy!  Please help.....

Thanks,
Mark
Check your local Tuesday Morning store. That is pretty much the only US store
chain that received the set. Also, I am sure you have called S@H (8004534652,
incase you did not) and they told you it was discontinued. However, it is not
rare for S@H to suddenly "discover" more copies of a set (this has happened
numerous times). And S@H just did inventory two days ago, so I say try every
few days or so. Good luck!

Wow - I'm surprised that S@H ran out of that set (although I wasn't
watching to see if/when it was put on sale for a weekly special).  What,
did all the train geeks buy dozens of copies to get the white
train canopy?

--

jthompson@esker.com    "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily