 Trains / 31329
Re: Need Help Designing a Train Table
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 16:28:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Damon Burke wrote: table is that it can adjust up to 36” high, which is a great working/viewing height for adults. Further, it allows either 10 large baseplates (almost: 1.5” hangover on the ends), or 18 32x32 baseplates exactly. Of course, the advantage of a folding table is obvious; it can also be used for any other household duty as well. Plus, it’s simple, and expandable.

John,
I read your post and was trying to figure out how your tables were connected to the other club tables at NMRA (2006), but I realized after checking the photos from the event, your tables were part of the stand-alone display. Buying the COSTCO tables are a quick and easy fix, but lack the ability to adjust and plan for expansion. I purchased some of the tables for a church project, and they are great folding tables. I noted that you indicated that you actually have an overhang with the base plates when set up. Our custom tables do not have that problem. Plus, if there is a difference in height of less than an inch, how do you make an adjustment between the tables? With the club tables, the solution is as simple as adjusting the screw on the base of the table leg. Our tables can be individually adjusted and create less of a problem with the train track as a result. We can also adjust the height of the tables to make a lower sea, water area, or mountain area.

Clifton