 Trains / 30959
Re: PRR T1 #5544
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:29:01 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Anthony Sava wrote:

Full gallery, including a year and a half’s worth of progress photos, available HERE.

Pennsylvania Railroad T1 Duplex (4-4-4-4) Steam Engine #5544, one of the Sharks of the Pennsylvania Railroad.

The powerful PRR T1 steam engines were designed for one thing - speed. Their massive boilers and split driver design were capable of hauling 910-ton passenger trains at speeds in excess of 100 mph.

The PRR T1s were designed with a rigid wheelbase, but unfortunately LEGO’s tight turn radius forced me to articulate her. Still, I am very pleased with the results.

--Tony

Here’s a YouTube video of the T1 in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbi5Vcc5HpM

Or, if you’d rather, here’s the same video on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/savatheaggie/4104206103/

--Tony