 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4449
4448  |  4450
Subject:
PRR T1 #5544
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 01:33:10 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Full gallery, including a year and a half’s worth of progress photos, available HERE.

Pennsylvania Railroad T1 Duplex (4-4-4-4) Steam Engine #5544, one of the Sharks of the Pennsylvania Railroad.

The powerful PRR T1 steam engines were designed for one thing - speed. Their massive boilers and split driver design were capable of hauling 910-ton passenger trains at speeds in excess of 100 mph.

The PRR T1s were designed with a rigid wheelbase, but unfortunately LEGO’s tight turn radius forced me to articulate her. Still, I am very pleased with the results.

--Tony