 Trains / 30755
Re: Detailed Information on the Emerald Night Train #10194 with Photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 22:30:56 GMT

text was translated using Google:

<http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.aquazona.cz/smf/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D7%26t%3D434&sl=auto&tl=en&history_state0=

The bogies look interesting, and there's some definite gearing behind
the new wheels (perhaps to make it easier to motorize). The round part
isn't large panels after all - it's a mix of cheese slopes and the
new-ish 2x4 curve slope (<http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=61068>).

The set requires the separate purchase of several power function accessories
that are on back order at Lego.com until late April or early May.

8870 Light Set
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8870&cn=57&d=70

8878 Battery Box
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8881&cn=57&d=70

8879 Remote Control
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8885&cn=57&d=70

8882 motor
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8882&cn=57

8884 IR Receiver
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8884&cn=57

Some of the parts are contained in the power function motor set
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8293&cn=57&d=70

The set above contains the smaller M motor (8883) instead of the XL motor
(8882).  I was a little surprised the set requires the XL motor I think the XL
motor may be too wide for this set. Can anyone clarify the correct size PF
motor?