 Trains / 30752
Re: Detailed Information on the Emerald Night Train #10194 with Photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 23:48:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
Can anyone tell from the pictures (these or otherwise) what size the new
front and driving wheels are? Can anyone tell me if there is another wheel
(train or otherwise) that is similar sized that I can use as a temporary
substitute?

From what I can tell the four front wheels and the two rear wheels on the
locomotive are the same wheels used on the current IR train motor bogie.  These
wheels are comparable to normal LEGO train wheels in diameter, but function more
like small Big Ben Bricks (www.bigbenbricks.com) wheels, as they have a technic
axle hole.

The large wheels, or drivers, look identical in size and function as Big Ben
Bricks large driver wheels.

--Tony