 Trains / 30239
Re: Work In Progress - #425 and my SNOTty boiler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:42:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:
   Very nice. I saw your comment on flickr about the running boards. You might want to try what I did on my similarly snotted boiler. I used white for the running boards, but then right above I used 1x2x1 panels instead of tiles. That way it hides the top of the white tiles while showing the edge. Though looking closer, I see that your running boards stick out 1.5 studs so this trick might not work in this case.

Keep up the good work,

Benn

Thanks much! I actually had considered your solution while I was working on designing my boiler, I used your similarly snotted boiler as inspiration. The problem I run into is that my boiler isn’t all one color, so in order to use your solution my running boards would have to be two-toned just as the boiler.

However, my wife convinced me to try using black tiles with white plates beneath to see how it looked, so here are the results:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/savatheaggie/2432368193/

If I can find a way to stuff a white pinstripe in the paneled section towards the rear, I may very well go with this design.

--Tony