 Trains / 30222
Re: Work In Progress - #425 and my SNOTty boiler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:01:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote:
   I wasn’t going to post this, but after John Neal complained (and accurately so) that it was too quiet in Lugnet.trains, I decided to go ahead.

As some may remember from the thread concerning my ten wheeler steam engine “Lady”, I was considering building the Blue Mountain & Reading #425 steam engine. The #425 is a Pacific class locomotive, and though I was excited about building it, I’ve already done a Pacific class, as well as a very similarly designed Hudson, so it wasn’t going to be a very exciting build unless I changed something.

So I decided to challenge myself and build it 7-wide with a SNOT boiler, going for as round a look as possible. Using ideas from Tim Gould and Benn Coifman, I was able to come up with a ~5-wide SNOT boiler I’m pleased with.

So far I think it’s coming along well.

Well, it has to be said, and I don’t care who it offends. Altogether now...

“What...
...a friend we have
in chee-sers”

Jason R