 Trains / 30233 (-20)
  Re: 9v Speed regulator

(...) Today I've tried the one that comes with my Panasonic DECT home phone, and it works OK, it has the same voltage and jack than the original LEGO provides. (16 years ago, 20-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Speed regulator

(...) I stopped using the LEGO power supply a long time ago. I use one similar to that shown below: (URL) has numerous connection pins and you can change the voltage. I let children operate the trains and I turn the voltage down until the trains go (...) (16 years ago, 20-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Speed regulator

(...) If I were to get the UK version, all I would need to get would be a pin converter to work with Australian sockets - is that correct? We have 240v, and if I understand correctly, that is all that is needed for it to work. (16 years ago, 20-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Speed regulator

(...) The LEGO power supplies all produce AC current, while most interchangable power supplies that you'll find produce DC current. I know this can overload and burn out the bridge rectifiers on the RCX 1.0, but I don't know if it'll be problematic (...) (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Speed regulator

(...) Well... maybe. By that I mean that the LEGO train transformer (as well as the RCX and NXT), are supposed to be supplied with 9-12 V *AC* current. Most little wal transformers you see supply *DC* voltage. Note that a lot of folks have used DC (...) (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Double articulated locomotive

(...) As promised I took more pictures of this locomotive in a curve and details of the articulation. Yes I know I used some parts that didn't exist back in the seventies... (2 URLs) Click for more pictures>. Niels (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9v Speed regulator

(...) You have to make sure that the plug matches. If it does, It will work. Regards. (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  wanted: defective 12v motors

If you have a defective 12v train motor (modern kind, as in 7740 or 7750), I'd like to buy it. Send me an e-mail if you have one to offer. Thanks! (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  9v Speed regulator

If I went to Radio Shack or the likes and picked up a 9v power supply, will this work with the speed regulator? (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work In Progress - #425 and my SNOTty boiler

(...) I have to say that is really slick :) I think I'll have to use taht idea at some point. Thanks for sharing. (16 years ago, 18-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim)

  Re: Work In Progress - #425 and my SNOTty boiler

(...) It is indeed! It's looking great. I used a very similar technique for a German BR-52 locomotive. Where you used 1-stud width of tile I used two, so my boiler came out to be 6-wide. Based on your design it looks like you might have discovered (...) (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: Work In Progress - #425 and my SNOTty boiler

(...) Well, it has to be said, and I don't care who it offends. Altogether now... "What... ...a friend we have in chee-sers" Jason R (16 years ago, 18-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: Work In Progress - #425 and my SNOTty boiler

(...) Really nice work Anthony must have cost you a fortune in cheesebricks but the final effect is really good, I'm probably more inclined to use half cylinders and stay 6 wide but this look great,I must admit though I always admire Ben Beneke's 7 (...) (16 years ago, 18-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Work In Progress - #425 and my SNOTty boiler

I wasn't going to post this, but after John Neal complained (and accurately so) that it was too quiet in Lugnet.trains, I decided to go ahead. As some may remember from the thread concerning my ten wheeler steam engine "Lady", I was considering (...) (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: 12v train power

(...) Frank, good info, thanks! would you kindly read the bottom of your 7864, does it specify 240V? Mine says 220V 50/60Hz.  if you can confirm that I will acquire a UK one. thanks so much! (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  My rendition of the QR 2400 Class diesel engine

(URL) is still a work in progress. Pretty much a prototype until I get more pieces. (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v train power

(...) Woa, bummer! I've used 740, 741, and 7864 transformers successfully in the US with two different step up transformers. My 7864s came from the UK so I wonder if that somehow factors in. Frank (16 years ago, 16-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  12v train power

I have the Lego 7864 transformer, which I brought to US from Holland. I use it in conjunction with a 110V->220V transformer. This seemed to be going well and my 7740 was still working after all these years. Then suddenly the motor broke. I decided (...) (16 years ago, 15-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  NELUG to show at Hooksett, NH Lion's Club Train Show

NELUG will be showing a small train layout at the Hooksett, NH Lion's Club Model Train Show this weekend, on Sunday, April 20 at the Hooksett Cawley Middle School in Hooksett, New Hampshire. Doors are open from 10am to 3pm. Admission is $4 or (...) (16 years ago, 15-Apr-08, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: QR Class 2800 redux

(...) Indeed you did, as credited in the original post. Fortunately with another two and a half years of public use the range of pictures of the 2800s available online is broad which allowed me to make up for the loss of the original prototype (...) (16 years ago, 14-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact