 Trains / 30231
Re: 9v Speed regulator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:36:07 GMT

Purple Dave wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Wayne Jackson wrote:
If I went to Radio Shack or the likes and picked up a 9v power supply,
will this work with the speed regulator?

The LEGO power supplies all produce AC current, while most interchangable power
supplies that you'll find produce DC current.  I know this can overload and burn
out the bridge rectifiers on the RCX 1.0, but I don't know if it'll be
problematic for the train regulator.  Honestly, though, you'll probably be able
to find an official LEGO power supply on Bricklink for a lot less after S&H than
you can buy one at Radio Shack.  When I bought one for my digital camera, I
think it cost me $25.

If I were to get the UK version, all I would need to get would be a pin
converter to work with Australian sockets - is that correct?

We have 240v, and if I understand correctly, that is all that is needed
for it to work.