 Trains / 30229
Re: 9v Speed regulator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:54:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Julian Guerrero Molina-Prados wrote:

You have to make sure that the plug matches. If it does,
It will work.

Well... maybe. By that I mean that the LEGO train transformer (as well as the
RCX and NXT), are supposed to be supplied with 9-12 V *AC* current. Most little
wal transformers you see supply *DC* voltage. Note that a lot of folks have used
DC supplies into their LEGO electronics without a problem, but potentially you
are over-driving one half of the bridge rectifier, which could burn it out.
YMMV, but to be safe I drive all my stuff with AC regulators.

--
Brian Davis