 Trains / 30148 (-5)
  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

Metal rails and metal wheels is a good solution. :) Those burned out motors turn out to be a great way to pickup power from rails (when properly modified) that can be rerouted to the battery box charging port. BTW there is some talk about the Pf (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) The problem with Bluetooth, WiFi, Wireless USB and any other kind of radio frequency transmission would be the horsepower requirements required to decode it (i.e. microprocessor or custom ASIC both of which require extra circuitry to make them (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  QR Class 2800 redux

(2 URLs) flickr> (URL) BS> Hi all, Two and a half years ago I (URL) posted> a (URL) QR Class 2800> locomotive. Today I've revisited it. I think the new version might be a tad better. Comments and criticisms welcome, Tim (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

I agree that the lack of traction is still one of the biggest hindrances to the new system. My latest trains (to be revealed at BrickWorld) have eight of the new RC-type wheels that are all powered, yet they barely get any traction! Has anyone tried (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) I was thinking of switching to radio control. From what I've read regarding IR systems, it should be straight forward to to modify LEGO IR transmitters and receivers to work with small radio modules. Converting them to transmit the unmodulated (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact