 Trains / 30027
Re: Norfolk & Western Y6b 2-8-8-2 Steam Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:22:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:
   Wow! Now all you need is 150 coal cars (grin). Seriously though, that is fantastic to see it run so well. It is an inspiration to see it moving like that (and over the bumps between the tables... eek). Don’t show these movies to COLTC, or they’ll never fix the track (grin some more).

Fortunately the ugly track was confined to strait sections. If it was on the curves it may have been different.

   I’m working towards an N&W J, but don’t tell anyone. I think I’ve figured out how to do the nose and I have four ideas for the running gear and propulsion. But I’ll have to find time to escape to the laboratory to do some experiments (with new added bumps to the test track for good measure).

Sweet

   That’s an interesting Hudson in the background of your videos too. I went poking around brickshelf some more and found this link and then I stumbled on to an interesting take on the GG1.

Benn

The Hudson and GG1 Belong to Mike Collaco. I don’t know if he reads or posts on LUGNET but here is his Brickshelf Gallery.

The GG1 looked very nice and ran well. The Hudson had trouble with the wavy track and sat idle most of the show.

Cale