 Trains / 30026
Re: Norfolk & Western Y6b 2-8-8-2 Steam Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:40:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cale Leiphart wrote:

   It runs well at home. It will even take switches at slow speeds. Hopefully I’ll have a chance to run it on WamaLTC’s layout at the Great Scale Model Train Show in Timonium Md. this weekend. We’ll see how it performs under show conditions then. • ...

As for another steam engine, well, you’d be doubly tickled to know that one I’m thinking of starts with a “J”... but probably not for another few months.

Benn

A Pennsy J class 2-10-4? Or maybe Norfolk & Western’s Jawn Hennry? Or how about a New York Central J class Hudson or N&W’s own streamlined Jays?

Any of these would be awesome.

Cale

Wow! Now all you need is 150 coal cars (grin). Seriously though, that is fantastic to see it run so well. It is an inspiration to see it moving like that (and over the bumps between the tables... eek). Don’t show these movies to COLTC, or they’ll never fix the track (grin some more).

I’m working towards an N&W J, but don’t tell anyone. I think I’ve figured out how to do the nose and I have four ideas for the running gear and propulsion. But I’ll have to find time to escape to the laboratory to do some experiments (with new added bumps to the test track for good measure).

That’s an interesting Hudson in the background of your videos too. I went poking around brickshelf some more and found this link and then I stumbled on to an interesting take on the GG1.

Benn