 Trains / 29989
Re: Norfolk & Western Y6b 2-8-8-2 Steam Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 05:39:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Cale Leiphart wrote:

Norfolk & Western Y6b 2-8-8-2 Steam Locomotive

After tackling a few rigid frame steamers I decided for my next challenge to build an articulated. So I chose one of my favorite Mallets the

Wow! Both a nice build and it looks to have a heck of an engineering feat in the running gear as well.

Thanks

   Thanks for including all of the pictures of what’s behind the curtain. Is it a good runner?

It runs well at home. It will even take switches at slow speeds. Hopefully I’ll have a chance to run it on WamaLTC’s layout at the Great Scale Model Train Show in Timonium Md. this weekend. We’ll see how it performs under show conditions then.

   Seeing models like this make to attempt a larger steam engine myself...

Benn

I love your Hiawatha and Northern Pacific 10 wheeler. I love to see you do another steam engine.

Cale