 Trains / 29196
Re: Marking tracks and other Lego pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 06:22:33 GMT

On Tue, 29 May 2007, Patrick Bégin wrote:

What are the best way to mark the various items (baseplate, 9v tracks, etc)
when
you do a display with many contributors ?

I found this post : http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/novalug/?n=11

Maybe you have other ideas ?  What are the best pen, stickers or "stuff" we
can
use to mark ?

I frequently borrow my sister's labeler (like
http://www.ptouchdirect.com/ptouch/new_pt1750rf.html
) to label anything going to shows.  The smallest font can, with some
scissor work, make labels that fit inside track.  Address labels are a
more simple but equally effective solution.  Benefits, for me, are that it
looks neat, is obvious, and will work across different clubs.  Also, if
you include your phone number even stuff left at the venue could get back
to you.

Remember to mark:  track, motors[1], baseplates, racer track[2], monorail
track, roadplates, minifigs?, stock sets[3], batteries, extension cords,
speed regulators, track power wires, patch wires, RCXs, NXTs, wall warts,
boxes, .  .  .anything that is fungible.  This could include, if you go
the nail polish route, loose plate (such as PSLTC uses to connect
roadplates).  I've always been a proponent of the idea that anything found
unlabeled during tear-down should become club property.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/

[1] Particularly train motors; yes, even if it's built into your train.
If it comes to a show, expect that it will be pressed into service at a
critical moment, quite possibly powering someone else's train.

[2] I still haven't found a satisfactory way to label this, since it's
bottom can quite easily be visible in constructions, e.g.,
so for now I just use Blue(tm) tape with my initials on it.

[3] E.g., BNSF locos, since several people might bring them.