 Trains / 29072
  LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson

I just finished my first MOC using LDD 2.0 of a steam engine inspired by a 'Streamlined Hudson'. I took some artistic liberties due to the limited part/color selection in LDD (especially on the blue side covers around the cab), but I think it still (...) (17 years ago, 20-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson

(...) Not bad, not bad at all. Considering you were working from a limited palette, I agree you were able to capture the feel of a streamlined steam engine. I especially like your solution to the cow catcher. I really can't comment on how to improve (...) (17 years ago, 20-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson

(...) I think feedback on either would be helpful. I'm just starting up my parts collection again as AFOL, so my part availability outside is almost as limited as LDD. Any good recomendations though, and I could track it down in one of the brick (...) (17 years ago, 20-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson

(...) Well, I'm no train expert, I only started building train MOCs a little over a year ago, but I'll be happy to share my opinions. And the number one thing you should do, in my opinion, is visit (URL). Ben Fleskes, a Lugnet member, sells custom (...) (17 years ago, 20-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson

Tony - Thanks for all the great info! (...) That will be #1 on my to-do list... Very nice. (...) I had been digging around the internet, but had not come across Ben's presentation yet. Very, very helpful and great building strategies. Awesome MOC's (...) (17 years ago, 20-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson

--snip-- (...) --snip-- Hi Ted, Just a quick word of warning... I've never tested this one in real life so there's not guarantee the solution I have there works. It seemed to work out in CAD but real life is the ultimate decider. Tim (17 years ago, 20-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson

After some work this weekend, my LDD 'Streamlined Hudson' has improved quite a bit. I scrapped the first one and created another MOC's with two stylings; a Dreyfuss and the the Empire State Express. The Empire State Express is the one that I am most (...) (17 years ago, 22-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson

(...) I'm not sure who 'Junkpile' is yet on Brickshelf, but I was flattered to see the LLD New York Central "Empire Express" Engine I designed above put into the ABS. To their credit, they also designed a very nice tender to go along with it, and (...) (16 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)