 Trains / 29073
Re: LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 06:41:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ted Andes wrote:
   I just finished my first MOC using LDD 2.0 of a steam engine inspired by a ‘Streamlined Hudson’. I took some artistic liberties due to the limited part/color selection in LDD (especially on the blue side covers around the cab), but I think it still captures the spirit of a ‘Streamlined’ well.

I’d appreciate any comments and modification ideas from the experienced train builders out there. I just uploadeded the LDD file to the Factory, so hopefully it will be there soon and you can play around with it... now I’ll have to start working on a tender :)...

Once I buy it from the factory and put it together, I’ll update with some pictures.

Not bad, not bad at all. Considering you were working from a limited palette, I agree you were able to capture the feel of a streamlined steam engine. I especially like your solution to the cow catcher. I really can’t comment on how to improve it, though, since I”m not familiar with the LDD parts assortment. Or are you looking for comments on what to change outside of LDD?

I, too, am working on this very streamlined steam engine (the Henry Dreyfuss hudson), but I’m still waiting on parts, and only have a mockup built.

--Tony