 Trains / 28983 (-10)
  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) SNIPED (...) It looks like 2 pair of jumper plates on the RC track and a pair of 1x2 plates on the old track would be even more rigid. Mat Clayson (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) No problem, glad it worked. A smaller option to help secure the rails would be to move the jumper plate to the bley rails, and replace the 1x1 plate with a 1x2, attaching it to the blue rails. You should be able to use a 1x4 plate or tile to (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) Works perfectly! The train runs very smoothly over this link. On one side there is still an indentation in the new gray rail, but on the other the gray and blue rails line up perfectly. Here is the construction: (3 URLs) However, when since (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) Looks pretty good. Have you tried using a jumper plate? I don't know exactly how far apart the blue and bley rails are, but it looks to be almost a half-stud. Could you put a jumper plate on the 2x8s holding the blue rails on, a 1x1 plate on (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

Hi All, The picture below shows my attempt to connect RC-train rails and 1970's blue rails. The RC train can easily traverse the gap in the rails when it is going straight (at least one straight segment on each side of the gap). When it is going (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld 10183 Hobby Train Challenge

(...) LDD 2.0 has a "filter" function that allows you to use only the pieces from the 10183 set, though it does not have the ability to keep track of the number of elements used from that set. The Hobby Train is LEGO© 's attempt to keep 9V trains (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld 10183 Hobby Train Challenge

(...) Jeramy, I haven't really used LDD. Is there a way to limit the parts to only those in the Hobby Train? And, while I'm at it, what exactly is the Hobby Train? (...) Sounds cool. I may have to give it a try. Thanks Steve (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Brickworld 10183 Hobby Train Challenge

This summer at Brickworld, I'll be hosting a train building challenge. Through this challenge, you will get a taste of what it is like to design a set with limited parts availability, much like the designers underwent while working on the 10183 (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !!

  Re: The Chief is Back-- Kind of...

(...) I need to follow this up with a reminder (to me) that I owe credit to Dave Vinzant on the use of the 2x2 curved bricks. Check his work out a few years ago: (URL) showed this to me "back in the day" ;-) and it must have been kicking around in (...) (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDD Heavyweight passenger train cars

(...) Very nice indeed (...) I like this, I have some floated on a tile and plate assembly shown in BrickJournal, but they fall off too regularly, I think I will be retrofitting these to see how they go. Play Well Chris (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact