 Trains / 28878 (-20)
  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) No problems, I have posted the excel file here: (URL) you cant work the problem out, let me know the assembly reference and I will break it down a bit so it is easier to follow. I do not intend to be deliberately obtuse. If you could also let (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

In lugnet.trains, Chris van Lottum wrote: ...snip... (...) This is one really nice engine! Would it be possible for you to post the Excel file for those of us who dabble in Excel? I have built your Prime Mover and am building the engine in LDraw (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Thanks Jim, I draft each piece myself; I don't use CAD. Most parts are really just combinations of simple rectangles and circles, and the geometry is well documented and easy to understand. I admit I haven't got all the parts 100% right, (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Thank you Paul I really liked your Ralston Purina Boxcar. I bought a couple from Factory and would recommend it to anyone! - fun to build and great to look at. It was an absolute coincidence when I bough them but our cats eat Purina food - I (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Wow thanks for you kind words. I seem to have attracted positive comments from some of the best train builders around here. Play Well Chris (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  12V wheels with wrong pins

I found (URL) this pic> on BS today and it reminded me that I have some of these too. It looks like they just got the colours mixed up on the production line. I got mine in a service pack ordered from the yellow pages in the back of the catalogue, (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9v Motor Placement Help

(...) You could also put two motors under one of the A units (I did that with my CNW f-unit, though I can't find any good pictures to prove it). I've pulled over 30 cars with the normal LEGO magnets, but it is pushing the limit of their strength. (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Heh heh, can't please everyone. James might be right, they are not step by step instructions. But I still thought the presentation was efficient. Your pdf conveys everything (the parts list helps with finding the missing parts). Your effort (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9v Motor Placement Help

(...) Two motors should pull that train comfortably, so long as all the wheels are rolling freely. I'd put one each on the first two units. A third motor would be an advantage if your layout has lots of turns. When adding a third motor, it's a good (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 26th Annual Model Railroad Show. Come see the GMLTC's 18'x30' ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town & train layout. Club member Judy Payne (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi, FTX)

  Re: 9v Motor Placement Help

(...) With 7 cars, I think 2 motors is plenty, I'd leave the B motorless. When pulling a longer train, it can be necessary to add a motor in the middle of the train, because the magnets just aren't strong enough to pull a long train (yes there are (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  9v Motor Placement Help

I have a Super Chief that I've been taking to TexLUG meetings which currently has 2 locomotives (A's) and 7 cars. Each of the locos has a 9v motor each. I've been looking to aquire a third locomotive so I can make a B unit (to make an A-B-A config) (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) I like this model because it looks just like the engines that go past my family's house (CP and Norfolk Southern, mainly). Growing up right there I kind of took the trains for granted, but seeing all the effort people here put into modeling (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  4891 Alternate Model: Locomotive

Here's a little train engine I made from the "(URL) Haulers>" set. Obviously, it's not based on any real model or color scheme, but I think it is at least recognizable as a locomotive. (URL) 1>> (URL) side view>> (URL) snapshot>> The front truck (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Mike, THANKS! for the FAQ and for your involvement in this set. I can't wait to receive mine! Eric (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) [SNIPPED] (...) Yes, it need to be cut (at least for one model I've built) . As far as I've seen, only a few models use the flex tube but I have not check if the cutting can be done to satisfy all of the models. (...) [SNIPPED] At least you (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

"Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message news:JEw7AE.1xo@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I believe this subject is covered in one of the reviews. If you haven't read them, I would encourage you to do so. You can find (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Its a black macaroni, see (URL) here> Tim (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Apologies. Tim is right, the first is the droid body and the second is a mystery (Geez, we should know this!) -Jeramy (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) I believe the first one is the top to a hinge: (URL) The second is a droid body, used for pantograph assemblies: (URL) -Jeramy (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact