 Trains / 28498 (-20)
  Re: Received 9V old dark grey track from online PAB

(...) I just visited the PaB online and ordered some track. I went to the PaB and searched by color: 'grey'. It listed 10 items in the 'grey family'. Ten items was too few so I told it to show me 500. Buried in the list was 'curved rail 22.5 (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) By all means. Jason R (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Received 9V old dark grey track from online PAB

I don't know if anyone has ordered the track from online PAB, but I have and I have recvd 9V, old dark grey, track today. I think it is a decent deal for $1.50 per section. (I recvd 10 straights). The drag is that this time I actually wanted the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) I have to say that I don't recal if the original rcx mindstorms software uses this or not; so, if you need that functionality and the original software doesn't have it then a move to something else might be warranted. I find the text-based (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) It doesn't help me one bit:-) I am virtually ignanent when it comes to the RCX; that is my son's domain. I'll pass this along to him, though. So basically you are suggesting that he program the RCX using NQC rather than using the Mindstorms (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

I think thats worth adding to the FAQ, if you don't mind? Tim (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Wall timers are a good simple idea - the sort with lots of little levers to turn the power on and off every fifteen minutes. I made my trains stop and start a few times every minute though. Not only does it give the motors an easy ride, it (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) This is definitely the biggest factor. I've had a motor overheat and cut out after just half a day under a heavy load. Once that happens, it tends to happen again more quickly for the same motor. I've never killed one outright though. I've run (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Chris Phillips" <drvegetable@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JC9n2r.94C@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) NCLTC has run 3 shows which have lasted longer than a month so we have some experience with this. In addition to wear on the motors, (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) NELUG set up a (URL) large, permanent layout for the See Science Center in Manchester, NH>. The layout has a few small trolleys that are running all day long, whenever the museum is open. I've heard reports that the motors are burning out at a (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) <snip> (...) John, I and Steve H posted some things on this back in October of 2005: the link is (URL) trick using NQC is the SetSleepTime function. "SetSleepTime(0);" disables the auto shut down. Hope that helps. (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) I'm going to say that it will depend entirely upon the kind of load you place on each motor. With a relatively light load, motors will run like champs for a long time-- all day if in a trolley, for instance. We run our Thomas trains all day (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  How long will train 9v motors last?

Hi, we're preparing a museum show (our first). The trains will run on two layouts, driven by some timer & RCX. We're currently discussing how often and how long should each loco run. Are there any estimates how long will the 9v trains motor last? (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BayLUG Save 9v Trains Store Display

(...) Russell, Great job with the window display! That's a nifty way of drawing attention to the plight of 9V trains. And, some very intriguing and unique MOCs as well! Jordan (18 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

Awsome! Several times I have started on the same project from the same inspiration, always falling way short. Excellent job! (18 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: starting a town/train jambalaya box?

(...) I sent an e-mail with the info to your e-mail address. Thanks Ondrew. CDC (18 years ago, 20-Jan-07, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: starting a town/train jambalaya box?

(...) please add Me to the shipping list (18 years ago, 20-Jan-07, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: starting a town/train jambalaya box?

(...) Clifton, i'm not sure if your spam filters are redirecting my emails so i'll try here. i need your address so i can get this package mailed out. if i don't recive it by tommarow noon it will leave without your shipping information included. (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jan-07, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  BayLUG Christmas Display

Here are pictures from the latest BayLUG Christmas train layout and display: (URL) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  BayLUG Save 9v Trains Store Display

Last weekend BayLUG installed our latest LEGO store display. The theme this time is "Save 9v Trains": (URL) installed a shelf system with several MOCs of rolling stock and some minifig protestors. The store would not let me use the Save 9v Trains (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact