 Trains / 28030
  My find of the day at brickshelf.com

Hi to all trainheads! While checking Brickshelf for new train MOCs I came along this familiar looking model: (URL) belongs to a Dutch speaking "Niels" with a German homepage address: (URL) wonder that Niels is presenting this "MOC" under his own (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com

(...) lol Here's is my first clue: (URL) (hehe, it says "BENEKE" on the side:-) (...) It's still a clear violation of Brickshelf ToS-- you should drop a line to Kevin to get this folder deleted. (...) make a real appearance until the mid-nineties... (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com

Snip (...) Not to mention that he's got LEGO in his website name... Big no-no. -Rob www.brickmodder.net www.lifelites.com coming soon www.arlug.net (taking the place of MSLTC.org website which mysteriously vanished from existance...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com

(...) (2 URLs) he thinks it's OK to call his instructions "MOCs"? ROSCO (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com

(...) Well, seeing as how you just did, I'll mention that I noticed that as well. This person doesn't seem to understand IP very well at all. "coming soon www.arlug.net (taking the place of MSLTC.org website which mysteriously vanished from (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com

(...) Hi John, yes, that gave me a good laugh as well! Maybe he thought this to be just a random brand name. (...) I do not want to steal Kevin's time. And to be honest: the pictures are in fact (at least a little bit) his copyright. He re-rendered (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  ArLUG (was Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:J84Bw0.ow2@lugnet.com... (...) msltc.org was owned by someone we cannot now get ahold of, and the hosting company (linksky) changed their servers over and didn't port over any user info (IE websites). (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com

(...) That's maybe not obvious for english native speaker but "MOC" is no more an acronym meaning "My Own Creation" but more and more a word meaning "Creation by an AFOL" or "Creation made of Legos (sic)". We say "My MOC" (My my own Creation) or (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ArLUG (was Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com)

(...) (URL) HI-O!> :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com // galleries are deleted now

(...) homepage as well as from brickshelf. James Mathis' center beam car has now gotten a credit (at least I haven't noticed that yesterday). So things have moved to the better. The URL with LEGO.cwsurf is of course still a bit risky, but that is (...) (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com // galleries are deleted now

(...) It's a funny thing. On the one hand, it IS flattering to be copied and nobody I know of objects to that. It's an issue of giving credit where it is due and not leaving an impression that copied work is one's own. I know Corey Sanders deals a (...) (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com // galleries are deleted now

(...) Yes - and isn't it great when someone gives credit to the previous person who copied your design...? (URL) of like Chinese Whispers with a Thomas MOC. The wheel arches are curved and the end of the tank is smoother, but he's around a brick (...) (18 years ago, 6-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com // galleries are deleted now

(...) I am ilove1981 and I guess he was copied because I put an easy-to-follow LDraw file up in my BrickShelf space. Anyone who downloads the .MPD should notice the first line which credits Jason for the original design. LBaixinho isn't crediting me (...) (18 years ago, 6-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com

(...) I guess it is the teenage boy, Nielstreinenfan or so, he is harmless but don't allow him into your MSN ;) Hope you visit it again. post was already too long ago. Greetz Johan (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)