 Trains / 28036
Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 19:50:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:

lol Here’s is my first clue:

(hehe, it says “BENEKE” on the side:-)

Hi John,

yes, that gave me a good laugh as well! Maybe he thought this to be just a random brand name.

   Since he is not selling or marketing this, I am way more amused than upset, but wonder what is his intention.

It’s still a clear violation of Brickshelf ToS-- you should drop a line to Kevin to get this folder deleted.

I do not want to steal Kevin’s time. And to be honest: the pictures are in fact (at least a little bit) his copyright. He re-rendered my ML-CAD-file.

In fact I feel very pleased when people find my creations worth to be copied. in the meantime I know of more than a dozen worlwide copies of my 2-10 type steam engine (Baureihe “BR50” in Germany).

And there are two Brickshelf galleries 1) which show most of my engines (and even a few buildings) perfectly copied. But in contrast to this “Niels” they give credit to me and so I am perfectly fine with that.

***

   maybe 2003.

Of course 2003. Sometimes it seems to me as if the past decade went over just too fast. Why are we suddenly living in the next milennium?

***

Leg Godt! (And Schleim on you old great Schleimer!)

Ben

1)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=manchetas

  Re: My find of the day at brickshelf.com

(...) lol Here's is my first clue: (URL) (hehe, it says "BENEKE" on the side:-) (...) It's still a clear violation of Brickshelf ToS-- you should drop a line to Kevin to get this folder deleted. (...) make a real appearance until the mid-nineties... (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)