 Trains / 27803
Re: New MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 20:05:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
Mark Bellis wrote:
Just posted some new MOC pictures:  Coaches to extend my Hogwarts Express,
Hopper Wagons with SNOT lettering and my station building.

Coaches here:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=199421  including
pictures of the underside and bogies.  These are 8mm:1ft scale British Mk1
[...]

Very nice. At 62 studs long, I'm guessing that you aren't compressing,
right? They look cool, and I like the way you mix the different window
styles to help capture the right look.

I like to avoid compression of vehicles, just having compression of a shorter
train length depending on the layout, as other model railway enthusiasts do.
It's 8mm:1ft scale.  I could try 9-wide, but it's more effort - perhaps in the
long term when I don't have a queue of new vehicles to build!

Hoppers here:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=199422  including
pictures of hopper door opening, underside, SNOT lettering (inside support too)
and end canopies.  These hoppers each reliably unload 1400 1x1 round plates.
[...]

The hoppers look cool and the fact that they can dump a load of gravel
makes them even better. However, I have to ask... isn't picking up 7000
1x1 round plates a bit of a pain ;).

The idea is to have a working conveyor belt system on the layout so that very
few 1x1 round plates go astray.  Having something other than the train moving
always adds interest to a layout.  I've not purchased all the 1x1 round plates
yet :-)

Station building here:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=199429
including module separation, inside the cafe and kitchen.  This is based on a
British station building for a 2-platform branch line station.  Machynlleth
[...]

I like the design of the structure, and boy that is some color scheme
you have chosen :)

PLMKWYT

Mark

Chris

Yes, I think white or tan for the walls might improve things.  With some colours
I find that there are the standard useful pieces (SNOT, hinges etc...)but not
enough bricks, with others it's all bricks and not enough standard useful
pieces.  White has the bleaching problem but yellow isn't so bad.  Red window
frames might not work with tan walls though - perhaps white would be better
there, and more authentic.

Mark