 Trains / 27786
Re: New MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:28:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Mark Bellis wrote:
Just posted some new MOC pictures:  Coaches to extend my Hogwarts Express,
Hopper Wagons with SNOT lettering and my station building.

Very nice, but I just noticed the SNOT on the one bottom left has a minor error
- looks like it's on drugs or something...

ROSCO

In the light of events in the UK in the last few years, with crashes caused by
broken rails, I decided it would be fun to introduce a deliberate mistake and
vary the SNOT letters a bit, to make "Railcrack" (bottom left) and "Failtrack"
(bottom right) and, as you say, making it look like the painter made an error.
Since the demise of the Railtrack company I don't suppose anyone would be
bothered about the play on their name, and it might raise a few wry smiles
amongst the model railway community!

Possibly the only ones on drugs were the people who failed to repair the cracked
rails before they broke!  After a recent campaign in the UK, the number of
cracked rails is much reduced.

If I find anyone is offended at a show, I can always change it back as I have
hidden the necessary parts for the mod under the canopy.  The idea is to run the
train with the three wagons saying Railtrack at the front, followed by Railcrack
and Failtrack as the logical sequence.

Mark