 Trains / 27635
27634  |  27636
Subject:
Pere Marquette #1225
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 08:17:36 GMT

MOCPage
Brickshelf Gallery

Here is my MOC of the Pere Marquette Berkshire type steam locomotive #1225. It’s actually the very same locomotive that pulls the Polar Express, which is why I replied to this thread.

So why should you care? Well, you might not. But in case you do:

For you hard-core steam heads, I’ve included some detailed pictures of the wheel set of the locomotive, as well as some close up pics of both the locomotive and tender, which were never taken or shown when I first announced the Polar Express.

For everyone else, I’ve added a new livery to my locomotive which mimics the real life #1225 with it’s “Pere Marquette” labeling. I (inadvertantly) designed my locomotive’s tender with identical and relatively easily reversable walls, so by putting my “Polar Express” decals on one side and my “Pere Marquette” decals on the other, I can now switch the locomotive from a seasonal theme to a year round theme.

For photos and two videos of the real #1225, feel free to click HERE.

Enjoy!

--Anthony