 Trains / 27239
Re: The Polar Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 06:05:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:

Wow! Excellent work for a first(ish?) train. Feel free to leave the evil castleland and make more trains ;)

The only thing I’d improve on it would be to make it six-wide :P Seriously though, you’ve got a great design with a not-too-complex-but-really-well-done look which I simply love.

Tim

Thanks much! Coming from you, I consider this high praise. In fact, it was your instructions on the mod to the Santa Fe Observation Car that gave me the means to attach via SNOT the red light atop my own observation car. So... thanks for the help!

As far as leaving Castle-land, I’m afraid that won’t be happening, but I do plan on building one more engine. I won’t be starting it for awhile, but I’ve always had a love affair with the classic American 4-4-0, which I plan to build 6-wide. In fact my mother painted a southwestern landscape with a 4-4-0 steaming through it that I’d love to emulate.

And of course I’ll need to build some freight cars for the BNSF I want to buy... tank car, box car... the list goes on and on.

--Anthony