 Trains / 27634
Re: locomotive referance sites?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:48:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
Hey guy's,
I am looking into building a couple diesel engines to expand my collection and
to update my existing models and I’m having a heck of a time finding reference
drawings to work from. Basically I’m looking for drawings with rough dimensions
of the locomotive. Length width and height basically. If you know of a good site
for any loco information please share. Thanks,
Ondrew

p.s here's my dream list but i'll take what i can get.

GM EMD F7A
GM EMD F40PH
GM EMD GP38-2
GM EMD SD40-2
GE Dash 9-44CW

Sometimes books are better than sites at giving real technical information.  I
recommend the Model Railroader Cyclopedia Volume 2 - Diesel Locomotives, ISBN
0-89024-547-9 at $37.95 (£25.00).  I'll email you some info.

I think it's worth investing in a collection of railway books for LEGO train
modelling just as it is for modelling any other scale or gauge.  The book and
tool stalls at model rail shows are most useful.

With these Cyclopedia books, all the info is in one place, and it saves having
hundreds of magazines!

Mark