 Trains / 27631
Re: locomotive referance sites?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 11:30:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
Hey guy's,
I am looking into building a couple diesel engines to expand my collection and
to update my existing models and I’m having a heck of a time finding reference
drawings to work from. Basically I’m looking for drawings with rough dimensions
of the locomotive. Length width and height basically. If you know of a good site
for any loco information please share. Thanks,
Ondrew

p.s here's my dream list but i'll take what i can get.

GM EMD F7A
GM EMD F40PH
GM EMD GP38-2
GM EMD SD40-2
GE Dash 9-44CW

This is a good site for side views of US locomotives at least.
http://paintshop.railfan.net/home.html
Although they don't have dimensions they are to scale so you should be able to
work them out pretty easily.

Tim