 Trains / 27274
Re: Excelsior Trolley
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:46:05 GMT

I’ve done something similar, “pin-pong” or shuttle, using a model railroad circuit. This uses LDR’s to detect the train, ambient light works but people leaning over the sensor can cause problems. This has been successfully used at a couple of UK shows.

I used a shuttle and loop control from http://www.allcomponents.co.uk/ I’m sure there are US equivelants.

It’s a non-Lego solution but cheaper than using Mindstorms.

I’ve also, a long time ago, built a mechanical shuttle using polarity switches. Not very elegant....

Mark