 Trains / 27185
Re: Who's the April fool now?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:58:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Didier Enjary wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:

   SNIP

(Tim Gould’s photos, by the way. But yes, the engine really is just plain old black and red. I was having a bad day ;-)

Tim Gould’s photos ? The owner of the linked BS gallery (talltim) is our dear curator Tim David.

Didier

Good point. I should have realised that Mr Gould wouldn’t get that close to actual bits of plastic. I was obviously confused by his name being all over the front page at the moment.

LOL

The uncoupler worked very well, it is based on similar ‘withdraw the magnet behind the buffers’ principles as Jon Reynolds’ shunter from about a year or so ago but of course with more space to play with worked even better.

Also, without wishing to steal Jason’s thunder I will say that the crane looks like it will be amazing once the necessary tweaking is finished. The basic principle is similar to the automatic gearboxes using differentials developed by various Technic type people in that it uses one motor and changes gearsets (and so function) based on the amount of resistance on the ouput shaft. I’m sorry I didn’t really get any pics of it, in fact my pics of the train related MOCs seem to be sadly lacking all round.

Tim DAVID ;-)

   Jason R