 Trains / 27180
27179  |  27181
Subject:
Who's the April fool now?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:05:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   on April the first I wanted to post about an IR-reciever in form of a “4x4 block, 2 plates high plus the 2x2 bulb on top”. That is correct.

And of course it was April Fool’s Day (so maybe LUGNET was not working properly). ;-)

Ben - your own joke bites you on the bum! On the same day, at the Brickish AGM I demonstrated this engine:

IR Engine IR uncoupler

The engine contains a 6x8x3 box containing an IR receiver circuit. The 9V battery box is under the saddle tank at the front.

The power lead at the back can be used to drive any accessory. Here a shunting coal wagon is attached with an automatic uncoupler built in. In the background you might just be able to make out my first attempt at a red breakdown crane, also driven with a single motor.

(Tim Gould’s photos, by the way. But yes, the engine really is just plain old black and red. I was having a bad day ;-)

Jason R