 Trains / 27190
27189  |  27191
Subject:
Auotmated decouplers (Was: Who's the April fool now?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 17:46:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

   The uncoupler worked very well, it is based on similar ‘withdraw the magnet behind the buffers’ principles as Jon Reynolds’ shunter from about a year or so ago...

Curious. But the it looks like the images are no longer up - are there any images of the internal workings of Gronk or your own implementation? I’d not seen this before, and I’m really curious now... both how well it worked, and how well disguised it can be made.

   without wishing to steal Jason’s thunder I will say that the crane looks like it will be amazing once the necessary tweaking is finished.

I’m getting more and more curious - pictures, please? Detalied descriptions?

-- Brian Davis