 Trains / 27003 (-20)
  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Brilliant! I would love to receive the MPD when available. Keep on building! Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG/BAYLTC (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

Hi all, Shortly after I made my Mallard Teunis Davey contacted me asking if I wanted to have a go at making a (URL) Class 38>. I did and this is what came out. The train is based on a modified version of the wheelset I used for the Mallard with only (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

Cool, missed that part. Now...details on the sizing, where to buy, etc? I'm sure I could bore out some brass rod, but if you have a supplier that stocks the right size, it would save a ton of time... (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Umm yeah, well I think you missed the point, NO lube is needed In lugnet.trains, Peter Edwards wrote: (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

This is my wheelbase: (URL) For this engine: (URL) Train>> I'm not actually using blind wheels; I make the middle wheels able to flex in, but it's extremely fiddly and you're better off with blind ones. The main thing this wheelbase does is attach (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) Your welcome, I haven't actually built a steem engine this large, but I've been collecting ideas. (...) This is a long engine and unless you are articulating the boiler you'll want to balance the swing out at each end of the engine. The simple (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) Thanks for the pointers! I had already planned on purchasing the blind drivers, but I was planning on having my drive wheel arrangement with a flanged driver first. Why do you suggest having a blind wheel first? Do the pistons hide the (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) If you plan to put connecting rods on the drivers, you'll want to get 4 large wheels with flanges and 4 that are blind, no flange. The blind drivers will allow you to run through curves, and place the wheels closer to each other If you want (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

A slightly better solution may be to find similar stock in the pre-lubricated bronze used for bushings. I don't know the true name of the stuff, but if tubing of the right size could be found, you wouldn't need to worry about grease or oil. (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  possibly your last chance for custom track

To all, I am currently gearing up to start a new career and I may not have time to make parts in the near future so I thought now would be a good time to let you know. If you have ever thought of purchasing custom track now's the time. I may not (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: Copenhagen S-train, version 2

(...) Yes exactly! Guess I didn't search hard enough... I searched for the terms "slope, curve 6x2", and found only (URL) this one>. I would probably never have thought of searching for 'Wedge 2 x 6 Double Left' :-) (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Copenhagen S-train, version 2

(...) That does look very impressive, especially the curved side. Congrats. (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  By Air, By Rail Festival July 21-23 Open Invitation

Greetings All, IndyLUG is proud to announce the By Air, By Rail Festival to be held in Fotville, IN (just northeast of Indianapolis) on July 21-23, 2006. (URL) The organizers were so impressed with our displays/layouts last year they have offered (...) (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Copenhagen S-train, version 2

(...) You mean these? (2 URLs) Sometimes it's easier to lookup a model that you know has the part you need, and look over the inventory. snipped (...) Your train rocks. A great combination of techniques. I really like the CC solution. Mat (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

Anthony, Best of luck on your Polor Express project. Funny thing - I've always been a train fan. I'm now scratching the Castle itch and have gone on a bit of a spree buying up classic Castle sets! Must have more Forestmen... -- Bryan "Anthony Sava" (...) (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  12v sticker replacements

Has anyone used the 12v sticker replacement sheets sold by eBay seller 'anarchol' ? I ordered a set a while back and just got around to putting them on a copy of Ben Beneke's fictional 4450 Rheinegold Express. I needed the white DB and small (...) (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Copenhagen S-train, version 2

Hey, Some years ago I had my first attempt at modelling the Copenhagen metropolitan S-train (4. generation) ((URL) folder>). At that time, I was quite happy with the result, I recall, but looking back on the model now, I'm not quite satisfied with (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.dk, FTX) !!

  A castle fan's Train plan

Hey all, Before I begin, let me apologize for not being 'with it' as far as the train lingo goes. I'm just a novice, so please be kind. Before I was an AFOL, I was a model train fan, and to tell the truth I have a sizable collection in storage (HO (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AFX Lego Racing

The cars workeed out so well I decide to convert some police bikes I bought last year. The bikes are just as fast, but they crash different. They tend to fall over rather than slide out, a bit like real bikes. (URL) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) LOL. Maybe one day. (...) Mine too. (...) That was done purposefully to mask the juttiness of the windscreen. When I used rounded dark grey the plates used on the windscreen protruded and looked really strange but when I made the grey stick (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact