 Trains / 2686
  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) I don't know if it's wishful thinking-- just maybe *expensive* thinking.... My suggestion is to forget the past and buy train stuff that is available now which gives you more bang for your buck. Anyway, I don't even keep the sets I have (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Alright then, I chalenge you to obtain train windows and doors in sutable quantities from current sets, then. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Not a problem. Doors can be found in MT sets, windows are popping up all over the place (McDonald's, 2000 soccer sets). In fact, 2000 will be the best year ever for train window selection. -John (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Train doors and train windows are needed to make trains? Wow, I didn't know that. The genious of LEGO bricks is that you can use any combination of bricks to build what you want. Only the imagination is the limit. Who says trains need to have (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) You don't NEED them but I don't know of many train builders who wouldn't like more of them. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Of course glass is hard to come by, though at least right now you can get two panes of plain glass in the doors and windows parts pack. Of course until S@H runs out of 3225 there is a decent source of good train parts including 6 windows with (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) <snip> (...) For my part, doors - yes - I'd love more of them. Windows - not really. Most of the trains I'm familiar with in real life have windows that are very elongated - a lot longer than they are high. From my point of view Lego train (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

The traditional 1x4x3 train windows are nice. But they aren't necessary, very nice models can be made without them. I made a custom club car that doesn't even use any of the specialized pieces (windows, doors etc) that come with the metroliner and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Hmmm, I don't know, Ben. I have a feeling that you are going to break down and at LEAST use some of those metroliner windows on the lower levels of your superliner cars. :) John Warren I apologize for posting yet another blank message. The (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Naah, he'll use 1x2x2 light blue thin walls, my new favoritest element. -John (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) J.W. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Steve Demlow found 25 sets of the 6553 (URL) for me which contain 2 a set. The 4565 Freight and Crane Railway has 4. We (GMLTC) have incorporated them into our new Milwaukee Road Hiawatha passenger train. Pics coming soon:-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Wow! I absolutely love passenger trains. Are you guys using orange, brown and black as your primary colors for this model? Also what time period are you guys aiming for with this train? J. Warren (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Well.... We are using orange, red, and black/gray for the colors as seen here: (URL) you are looking at is my black roofed 8 wide diner, and 2 gray-roofed 6 wide passenger cars. The Hiawatha had many color iterations; some reproducible, and (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hiawatha

(...) And this coming from a guy who I constantly needle because he wants to build 8 wide trains... -blush- And the best part? Now that I have pictures of the locomotive, I can actually rebuild it after its trip to the floor! I sat with all the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)